Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For a telephone line audio isolation transformer 600Ohm/600Ohm of 1:1 type, how can I Calculate the 'number of turns/diameter of wire used' from known resistance of 600Ohm ?

Pls give me a final accurate value.The link http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Workshop/advice/coils/index.html didn't guide me to a final value.

Someone suggested me to use OEP1200 1:1 600 Ohm. But it is not avail in Kerala,India. Single quantity online ordering is also not possible. So I finally decided to make a custom transformer.Pls help me to make it.
Pls find the attachment to see its correct use.

Re: 'number of turns/diameter of wire used' from Known resis

how can I Calculate the 'number of turns/diameter of wire used' from known resistance of 600Ohm
600 ohm isn't a resistance, it's the nominal source/load impedance. You can consult the OEP1200 datasheet about meaningful
parameters of a isolation signal transformer.

The link ... didn't guide me to a final value
The link is not dealing with transformer design at all.

So I finally decided to make a custom transformer.
You also should have a clue how to handle it.

I guess, your design can work with nearly any small transformer that has an about 1:1 windings ratio and a usable
frequency range of 300 to 2000 Hz when it's operated open circuit (without a load).

Status
Not open for further replies.