Status
Not open for further replies.

Freestylesoap

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[Moved]: How to simulate DC Nonlinear model?

Hi,

I have an equation that describes the linearity of my amplifier. and I want to make a plot based on the equation. How could I do that in ADS?

this the equation I have vo=a1+a2vi+a3vi^2, and I want to plot vo vs vi...

Please help,

thanks

Re: How to simulate DC Nonlinear model?

Can you create a lissajous figure? It's the natural choice.
Excellent for observing whether your amplifier introduces distortion.

I have an equation that describes the linearity of my amplifier.
and I want to make a plot based on the equation.
How could I do that in ADS?
this the equation I have vo=a1+a2vi+a3vi^2, and I want to plot vo vs vi...
It is very easy.
Use SDD(Symbolically Define Device) or Verilog-A.

https://edadocs.software.keysight.c...om+Modeling+with+Symbolically-Defined+Devices
https://edadocs.software.keysight.com/display/ads2009/Migrating+from+the+SDD+and+UCM

Hopefully it's not too late to get back to you. Thank you for your help. The SDD example is really helpful.
I tried out the example, but it doesn't work as what I expect. Compression point, OIP2, and OIP3 do not match to my original amplifier.

I have the equations set up as follows.. K1, K2, and K3 are calculated base on gain, OIP2, and OIP3. Do I input anything wrong here?

Hi all,

I would like to come up with a DC nonlinear model of an amplifier. I calculated k1, k2, and k3 based on gain, OIP2, and OIP3 of the amp. And now, I need to simulate the output voltage equation vo=k1vi+k2vi^2+k3vi^3. I use SDD2P block to simulate(as shown in the pictures below), but I could not get similar OIP2 and OIP3 values by doing HB simulations. Does anyone know what I've done wrong in the simulation setup?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

No.
I request equations for k1, k2 and k3.

vi=Acos(w1t)+Bcos(w1t); vo=k1vi+k2vi^2+k3vi^3
Gain=20log(K1) -> get K1
OIP2=2Po-IM2, IM2=10log((A^2*K2)/(2*z0))[dBm] -> know OIP2 and Po, so get K2
2OIP3=3Po-IM3, IM3=10log((A^3*K3*3/4)/(2*z0))[dBm] ->know OIP3 and Po, so get K3
Hope it makes sense.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.