Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non-lumped resistor in CST Microwave Studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadsoulf

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

Could you help me with the following question: how can I make a non-lumped resistor in CST MWS? I have to simulate a thin-film resistors in my microstrip design, but when I use standart option of setting a material options (electric conductivity & mue for Lossy Metal type) - I cannot get a valid simulation results according to a real desing measurement. I tried to set that thin-film resistor as a 'Ohmic sheet' also.

I start with a most simple thing - a microstrip (Z=50 Ohms), powered within a waveguide port and finished with a 50 Ohm thin-film resistor. So, VSWR must be little more than 1 in a wide frequency range. But still I can't get an adequate simulation results.

I attach my projects downwards.

P.S.: I simulate within both a Time Domain and a Frequency Domain solvers.
View attachment Planes_for_forum.rar

Hello,

Have you tried to put a waveguide port at other end too, instead of lump resistance? If your microstrip is 50 ohms then second waveguide port should behave as a 50 ohm termination. You may assign souce as port 1 in TD / FD solver.

Regards

Praful

Thank's, Praful!

Yes, of course I tried such a way of solving my problem and got a near-real results. But I also have a 100 Ohm serial thin-film resistors in my design and I still don't know how I should define them.

Status
Not open for further replies.