Not open for further replies.

max0412

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
non inverting op amp explained

How are the poles’s and zeros calculated for a non-inverting opamp?

I thought the way I was doing it below was correct but I checked my results and they are wrong.

non inverting op amp

did you take into account the internal poles of the opamp being used....

max0412

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
op amp pole zero

saro_k_82 said:
The zero is at R2C3

So for figure #1.) the equation above for the zero is correct?

For the values in the above schematic #1.) I get a zero at 159.155 kHz.
When I plug those values in at this site it gives a zero at 79.5775 kHz.

Site link

Code:
http://sim.okawa-denshi.jp/en/optool.php

Results

There is also a similar discrepancy when plugging in the values for my second figure. According to the site above.

When I try known correct values for an inverting OP the site gives identical results.

non-inverting op amp

Because you have calculated for a non-inverting amp., but have shown a inverting amp here. Check for inverting config in that site. It should match

max0412

non inverting compensation

saro_k_82 said:
Because you have calculated for a non-inverting amp., but have shown a inverting amp here.

All the schematics I’m showing are of NON-Inverting op amps. The input is on the “+” terminal of the opamp. Where are you seeing an inverting opamp?

The 1.24V is a reference voltage .The positive terminal of the AMP is connected to resistive divider for sensing. I am trying to compensate a regulator. The EA output is connected to a P-Channel mosfet through a 10 ohm resistor. The output capacitor is a 1uf ceramic I’m trying to place a zero at the best location to get maximum BW. My simulations agree with the calculated values from the site I show above for a “Non –inverting” op amp.

I am able to obtain a 160 kHz BW and 48 deg PM using the compensation network in figure 1. I think I can improve that by using the compensation network in figure 2. Ideally I would like 260 kHz BW. But obviously I am calculating the poles and zeros wrong. I know where I want them but ...

op pole zero

OK., There was enough clues for me to identify that as inverting.,
1. Pole at origin., zero at (R1+R2)*C3.
2. Pole at origin and R2CT (where CT is the series equivalent of C1 and C2 (i.eC1||C2).
Two zeros and difficult to factorize !!

max0412

pole zero op amp

Thanks saro_k_82

saro_k_82 said:
1. Pole at origin., zero at (R1+R2)*C3.

That works,solves one mystery.

I may have to stick with the simpler compensation network.

* For anyone interested the site I posted above has several tools. It's worth browsing.

Here is a link to the online tools,the site has.

Code:
http://sim.okawa-denshi.jp/en/

Status
Not open for further replies.