Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia 3310 constantly restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkanish

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a nokia 3310 and also I have a FBUS cable to connect it to any TTL compatible UART. The problem is when I give power supply (external) the phone powers on, and welcome message appears, and also the battery status. And then it restarts. This continues as a loop. I tried to give supply from my usb port, external supply from a 1A powersupply etc. But the problem persists. I get 1 in some 20 chances, the phone powers up and operates. That too wont last long.

PS: the interface circuitry(the resistor things are fitted inside the fbus cable and also, i tried putting a 3000uf cap across the voltage applied to the phone since i read somewhere that it would take high current for initial network beacons.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back