Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noisy measurements - how to improve the repeatability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukurigu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
General problem:
I need to measure an analog parameter of ASIC. But the environment is too noisy and the meaurement has bad repeatability. How to proceed? How to find the best compromise between measurement time and accuracy(repeatability)?

Could you please give more infromation on
what you are trying to measure ?

CTT

what do you want to test?
I think most part can measure in general environment (expert EMC )

I want to measure a DC voltage on a pin for example - nothing complicated!
The simplest approach is averaging but in this case if a coarse error happens then the measurement is totally wrong!

What about DC voltage? Is it noisy or only digital envirment that measures the voltage generates noise? If you have noisy DC voltage you can use AD convertor that uses dual integratig slope to average the noise which is 0 if you make 1-2 measurments/sec and you'll have only DC voltage mesuremens. I think this is good solution that helped me a lot.
Also you can make low pass filter to remove most of the noise of DC voltage. This can be done with instrumental amplifiers and metal-film resistors.
Simce

What about if the measurement system (tester) introduce noise?
Is there any algorythm for data processing to remove noise and to obtain real value - a kind of software procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.