Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

noice microcontrller

Status
Not open for further replies.

risbo213

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I made PCB with arduino uno. It has inputs push-buttons, temperature sensor and four outputs (mechanical relay).The PCB has input stage transformer 220/12 V. It has voltage regulator 5V with two block capacitors of 100 nF (placed on input and output of voltage regulator). Also has electrolytic capacitor 4700 uF.
The mechanical relays switch the three contactors with coil voltage of 220 VAC.
All works fine. Only sometimes when all contactors switch off in the same time the ATMEGA328 resets by itself. It is because of the collapsing electromagnetic filed.I search the web and I found that I must put on the voltage regulator in parallel three block capacitor of 1,10,100 nF. Also in parallel of the coil of the contactor I must put the capacitor of 0,22 uF , 500V .
Also near the uC I will put in parallel three block capacitors between VCC and GND value (1 , 10 , 100 nF).
Is this is enough for block the noice which resets the uC or I must do additional things.
Regards
Riste

Also put a diode in reverse. It is called free wheeling diode. Choose proper current rated diode.

hi ,
it is useful to put some diodes in paralel with the rellay coils to kill auto induction spikes when turning them off. The noise produced by the contactors normally should not reach the mcu

Show your PCB. It should have ground poligon for EMC protection.

I do not have ground polygon for EMC.
Can you show me pictures of this polygon how to make it.
Regards
riste

HI
How to make ground polygon for EMC. Can you send me some example.
Regards
riste

First one without ground poligon
mc68hc908az60.jpg
Second one with
IMG_1018.JPG

What did you put at RESET signal?

you must put a pull up 10k and to cappacitor 100nf and 10uF close to the pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.