Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NMOS based electronic circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog_curious

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
Can you people suggest me some of the interesting NMOS only circuits that I could try building it in Cadence.

Dan

what exactly is your interest PSU, inverters and many more logic or analog operations
and stuff be more specific in what circuit we could share with you

Hi,
I would like to simulate some active loads composed only of NMOS so that I could use those in single stage Opamp and also in two stage opamps.

Also I would like to know more about possible amplifier configurations where only NMOSs are employed

Dan

this is precise we will hit a lot of valuable infos soon

1 small question what triggers them???

Holy 1980s, Batman! That's the last time I worked on an
NMOS-only circuit - on 2" wafers in a university lab.

Why not set the Wayback Machine to like 1972 and do
some sweet PMOS-only stuff?

If you want to do NMOS only, you'd like to at least have
a depletion-mode load device. Or eat the area and dismal
capacitance of a high value N+ resistor (I'd assume that
NMOS only means no well).

NMOS only design are best for simulations and not 100 % reliable in practical applications that is the strange problem with them

Thanks people
How about building a comparator using only NMOS (instead of using a triode connected NMOS for PMOS in order to have the regenerative action)?

Does it work

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.