Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ARM] Nmea String extract date and time

Status
Not open for further replies.

amsbhole07@gmail.com

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I am beginner in ARM 32 bit LPC1768

I am working on Nmea string .I am receiving string from GPS receiver format is GPZDA,hhmmss.ss,xx,xx,xxxx,xx,xx

I have extracted the data like and date and time and i have stored in separate buffer .

Now i want to synchronize with the RTC .I dont know how to synchronize it .

Please guide me

u want to set RTC time as GPS. Then just feed the data to RTC which data received from GPS. that again re initilize the rtc .

u want to set RTC time as GPS. Then just feed the data to RTC which data received from GPS. that again re initilize the rtc .

Thanks for the reply,
I.e I have used following steps
Initialize rtc
Feed the rtc with the value which is extracted from nmea string
Rtc set time
Nvic rtc

- - - Updated - - -

Also I want to check incoming string .if incoming string is not received for 5 sec then I have to show the blank data how do I check the strimg as it is recriving very fast

Thanks for the reply,
I.e I have used following steps
Initialize rtc
Feed the rtc with the value which is extracted from nmea string
Rtc set time
Nvic rtc

thanks for the help RTC is working

- - - Updated - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.