Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nios ii de2 sof problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chair_man

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am a beginner and NOSII Quartus I operate Altera DE2, I wanted to use the SD card (memory card from my Altera DE2) board for a project.

after sending the architecture of the example that comes with the CD named DE2_SD_Card_Audio, I encountered a problem while sending the executable file (. sof), and here is the error message that is displayed "launching XXX2013Nios II Hardware configuration has Encountered a problem. Elf downloading process failed". Another alternative display shows that there is a problem between address "Verifying failed 0X6000000 address and 0X600FFFF Between", these addresses correspond to memory addresses 2 (RAM U2).

NB: the file. Sof that comes with the example works fine, but when I compile the example and brings ALTERA gives me another SOF File. Sof gives the problem mentioned before.

Thank you for your suggestions and support to avoid this problem.

I guess you might have selected Active serial programmer in your Quartus. select jtag and burn the code it will work.

Hi Jimmy

Thank you for your reply, i verify and i find that i use Jtag and if i use Serial the program can't been sent.

Please note the complete message when downloading the software:
"Using cable "USB-Blaster [USB-0]", device 1, instance 0x00
Pausing target processor: OK
Reading System ID at address 0x09405178:
ID value verified
Timestamp value does not match: image on board is older than expected
Read timestamp 3:10:26 2009/11/04; expected 12:30:59 2012/12/02
Warning: The software you are downloading may not run on the system which
is currently configured into the device.
Initializing CPU cache (if present)
OK

Downloading 04000000 ( 0%)
Downloading 06000000 ( 0%)
Downloading 06010000 (66%)
Downloaded 97KB in 1.6s (60.6KB/s)

Verifying 04000000 ( 0%)
Verifying 06000000 ( 0%)
Verify failed between address 0x6000000 and 0x600FFFF
Leaving target processor paused"

As i notice there is a Warning, is this warning mean that there is a problem in my Hardware archiecture vs software definitions, or there is something that i can't undrestand.

Please help friends.

Reading System ID at address 0x09405178:
ID value verified
Timestamp value does not match: image on board is older than expected
Read timestamp 3:10:26 2009/11/04; expected 12:30:59 2012/12/02
Warning: The software you are downloading may not run on the system which
is currently configured into the device.

As i notice there is a Warning, is this warning mean that there is a problem in my Hardware archiecture vs software definitions, or there is something that i can't undrestand.

This means the hardware system that is on the board is different than the hardware system you are currently using with the software you wrote.

Download the current hardware then the software you're trying to download should work.

Dear Friends,

The problem was that i have to assign the SDRAM1 for Reset and the same one for the program to record and send the program, it was just mismatch between architecture and software definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.