Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NiCAD battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noman Yousaf

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know about some questions about NiCAD batteries
1: how can we know that battery cell of 1.2v is charged fully. how much voltage
will be when it is charged fully.
2: how can we calculate the value of resistor in series of cell to charge it completly
3: does rapid charge, reduce the life of battery?
any site which has circuits and theory of these types of batteries

Thanks in advance

1: how can we know that battery cell of 1.2v is charged fully. how much voltage
will be when it is charged fully.
Usually, when is full charger the cell had around 1,4Volts. Also, for NiMh and NiCd cells is used most of the time the "delta peak" detection, or fixed time at low C, around 0,1C.
does rapid charge, reduce the life of battery
I can tell you only that: I use this kind of cells in Hobby R/C. It is certain that this application and fast charge process make the life very short for those cells. But I charge around 1,5C to 2C, depend on the need I have. If you mean "fast charge" under 1C, I think it will be not such big problem. Also I use till 20C at discharge, even that is toxic for the life of cells.
So, please be more specific, what you intend for "fast charge", witch rate of discharge you use? The information from the producers is sometimes very confusing, because they try to protect their bussiness.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back