Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NFC read/write and card functionality in PN532

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunavdev

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a newbie in NFC technology. I have been reading the user manual and online about PN532 chip. However form the manual I am not sure if the chip can act as both reader/writer (NFCIP-1) and card mode. Basically I want two bracelets to be able to pass each others information. I was thinking to use two PN532 in each, one for reader and the other for card. Do I need an external antenna for reader functionality? Here https://www.adafruit.com/products/789 they are using an additional antenna to have the chip function as a reader so that creates an additional suspicion. In the manual here in the application diagram it is not clear if the antenna is external or internal.

I'm a little confused by what you're asking but the PN532 supports 'Virtual Card mode', PCD mode and PICC mode.

Does this answer your question?

As noted by xFFFF, the PN532 will support card emulation and PCD mode. It can also do peer to peer, which is a little different from PCD/PICC communications. You are mis-interpreting the adafruit picture, the antenna being held in hand is a tag. The antenna (which is for all modes) is built into the PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back