Status
Not open for further replies.

thilaks83

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i cant find the source to study the newdes algorithm...i'l have to do the encryption using visual c++...i cant even find the source code for this algorithm to make a reference.....thank u.....

it was created in 1984 by Robert Scott...
newdes unlike des has no bit-level permutations,making it easy to implement in software....all operations are performed on whole bytes. It is a product cipher,consisting of 17 rounds performed on a 64 bit data block and make use of a 120 bit key.in each round,subkey material is XORed with the 1 byte sub-blocks of data,then fed through a round function,the result of which is then XORed with another sub block of data.in total, 8 XORs are performed in each round.the round function is derived from the United States Declaration of Idependence.
each set of two rounds uses seven 1-byte subkeys, which are derived by splitting 56 bits of the key into bytes.the key is then rotated 56 bits for use in the next two rounds......

this is wat i found in the net...not much to understand....if there was a block diagram about it then it would be better....

pls help me out ....
thank u....

Re: newdes encryption

NEWDES ? are you asking for
DES
or AES
or
3DES?
i don't think there is any NEWDES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…