Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie needing help with PCB problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbuck

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello! OK. I’m a guitar builder in the UK, I have some rudimentary electronics knowledge and I would like to begin building some of my own effects pedals. I have parts lists, suppliers and board layouts but I was wondering if anyone here knew who I should contact to get PCBs printed in the UK?? They are real simple designs, typical hobbyist looking boards - nothing multi-layered or complicated and I’d only need 1 of each (4 boards in all) none of them are over 2 1/2 inches square.

Many many many thanks in advance to any one who could shed some light onto my dilemma.

Nathan.

I'll give you a few links to small-scale manufacturers, but why not try making them yourself? It really is quite easy for simple boards. I used to make them by using press-on pads and an indellible pen for the lines.

Manufacturers:

https://www.pcb-pool.com/uk_index.htm
**broken link removed**

Making PCB's with rub-on transfers is easy for simple boards - no need for any special equipment. Maplins ( )

Just rub on the artwork to a clean PCB, then soak in ferric chloride (from Maplins or Mega) for a few minutes until the unprotected copper is gone. Clean the board and you are done.

If you want more details, please ask.

(Note: I am assuming the complexity level of the average guitar effects pedal project that I have seen, with normal, through-hole designs and mostly passives/tr's with a few ic's. If you use SMD's, ignore this simple PCB method :) Likewise, If you intend to go into commercial production with these, probably better to get them made for you.)

FoxyRick.

Thanks! They are as you say - just your average passive components, and a few op amps and other various IC's, sadly, manufacture isn't an option as the projects I’m making are clones of good old patented analogue effects so I can only make em for personal use. I was planning on trying out the circuits and if they appealed I would build my favourite (read most generic and roundly useful) internally into a personal guitar design.

Thanks for the help once again!!

Regards,

Nathan.

you can also try prees-n-peel from https://www.techniks.com/

I use the blue one. It is as simple as photocopying or printing the artwork on the transfer film, use an ordinary pressing iron to transfer the resist onto the cleaned PCB and etch.

Regards,

Oriki.

**broken link removed**

Not exactly a complete guide yet (still needs some more pictures, etc) but that's my little tutorial for how I make PCB's. I can get right down to surface-mount parts and traces between pads with little problem, all without any special equipment besides a laser printer and an iron, and drilling/cutting tools.

linked at the top of that tutorial is a link to the original site that inspired me, that might help you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back