Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to embedded systems, it is a beginner issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

siemprepeligroso

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to embedded systems and I am yet to distinguish between Embedded Systems and other systems...

Theoretically I can make the difference, it is about being dedicated to perform a function or being a general-purpose ect ect

But I have difficulties to make the differences in practical basis, for example

what are 3 examples of typical embedded systems and what is the reason that make them embedded (the second part of the question is pretty muck understandable)

Thanks in advance folks ;)

mobile, micro wave oven, any system which is used by us.

Embedded system will have only 1 processor in it. its booting or start up time should be less.( compare PC and mobile)

well I am looking for something more typical ,the answers I got are pretty much general....

Here I am discussing about Embedded system where we are using C laguage program.
EmbeddedC is a C language extension that is the subject of a technical report by the ISO working group named "Extensions for the Programming Language C to Support Embedded Processors" . It aims to provide portability and access to common performance-increasing features of processors used in the domain of DSP and embedded processing. The Embedded C specification for fixed-point, named address spaces, and named registers gives the programmer direct access to features in the target processor, thereby significantly improving the performance of applications. The hardware I/O extension is a portability feature of Embedded C. Its goal is to allow easy porting of device-driver code between systems.

Regards
Chanchal Chauhan

Ya take the example i gave you it involves much more than what you state. It involves embedded C with all the features. HW and SW portability etc. i still dont understand your requirement. these are not simple examples but involve lot of coding and hardware complexity

my concerns are more about hardware field and not about software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back