Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New To Arduino, Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milutiche

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,
I've been playing around with some basic electronics trying to get a few stepper motors going and this is so far going to plan, I wan't to move to the next step and try some basic programming, I would like to be able to drive 2 or 3 steppers and operate the shutter button of my DSLR for timelapse and macro stacking.

I thought it might be time to try out an Arduino but I don't know what to buy, any Ideas for a good starter kit for a noob?

Thanks
Jason

Hi there,
I've been playing around with some basic electronics trying to get a few stepper motors going and this is so far going to plan, I wan't to move to the next step and try some basic programming, I would like to be able to drive 2 or 3 steppers and operate the shutter button of my DSLR for timelapse and macro stacking.

I thought it might be time to try out an Arduino but I don't know what to buy, any Ideas for a good starter kit for a noob?

Thanks
Jason

Hello,

You can use Arduino UNO board its easy to learn, interface & which is best for the begginers where you can interface LED's, LCD, Switches, Relay's, Buzzer almost all interfacing can be try..More over codes are already written you just need to see the schematic, rigup the connection, dump the code & expect the output..
For more details logon to https://www.arduino.cc/ (look into the learning tab).

Hi,

Yes, would agree with nirmala h, the Uno is a really good and cheap way to start, plenty of free project software and a very helpful Arduino forum.
There are bigger boards like the Mega2560 but would suggest you stick with the standard boards.

For stepper motors you can build your own drivers but there is a ready made board just for the job.
https://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoMotorShieldR3

Status
Not open for further replies.