Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to ADS-trouble with PIN diode switch simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmetaxas

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody, I am new to ADS and I am trying to simulate a switching PIN diode.
Please refer to the attached schematic. I have set the ParamSweep block so that the diode is reverse biased. The crossed-out block is the ADS model of Skyworks SMP1320-075LF PIN diode that I have downloaded from their website; I tried using an ideal (or close to that) model of ADS and even that did not work; in all cases, I keep getting the capacitors connected to ground even with the diode reverse-biased. I plot S(2,1) vs. freq. and see that the response is identical regardless of the diode bias.
What am I doing wrong here? Please advise.

ADS_PIN_switch_model.png

Node V_DIODE_A is shorted to ground by voltage source "Logic1".

You may want to use the 2.3k resistor to isolate the voltage source by changing it's position in the circuit. Or preferably use a series choke for RF isolation.

Dear FvM, thanks for your suggestion. I changed the position of the resistor in the circuit as you suggested and now everything works as it is intended to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back