Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Network basics recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

eehero

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all, i am a begginer in a networking world as the subject said. i will be very happy if any one who has good experinced with a networks to guide me.
how i can start in the right way?

If you want to learn about the basic of networking, you can refer to many books of this, but I recommend you directly go and read the CCNA books. You can learn a lot from that.

Anyway, if you know nothing about networking, maybe you can read some books like Networking for Dummies, etc...

If you know about the OSI model and all the networking equipment, like switch, router and gateway, then you should read CCNA books.

Hi Dear
welcome in the network feild
the first u must read in ccna books and take a course .
thanx

Thanks for leekk8, and nmurthy:
realy i have some of books about Networking, TCP-IP,..... but i do not have a much of time, so if u can help me with a head lines those will be the most important for me as a basics in this field
eehero

eehero,

Are you a student or you're working in networking field?
If you're a student, I recommend you to read...it's not a must to read all the books...first, you have to understand how a network works. Get used to all the terms like, switch, server, client, router, hub, LAN, gateway...and so forth... Then, try to understand what's TCPIP and OSI model. After that you can go further and read CCNA books.

If you're working in networking field...you also have to read, but practical experience will help you learn much faster...

nmurthy said:
you just go thro the attachment
it's very usefull to you

Thanks mate for the book, it helped me a lot to understand initial basics...

Hope it helps you

leekk8 from malaysia,thanks much
i know that i must read that is the fact, but how much i can read? how much of time i have? how much problems may mind carry?
any way i am just a graduated project and i have a lot of things to do.
Leekk8, congratulation for u because u r a malaysian people, Mhater Mohamad is very good lader,..

Added after 2 seconds:

leekk8 from malaysia,thanks much
i know that i must read that is the fact, but how much i can read? how much of time i have? how much problems may mind carry?
any way i am just a graduated project and i have a lot of things to do.
Leekk8, congratulation for u because u r a malaysian people, Mhater Mohamad is very good lader,..

eehero, where are you from? For your information, Mahathir is no longer our leader, he has retired since 2003/2004. Why you said that being a Malaysian is good?

I understand it's hard to get time to study...I graduate last year, now I know student time is the best time to study more on books...When you start work, you have more things to do and spend more time on work compared to when you're studying. If you're a student now, try your best to study as much as possible on the field that you're interested in. If you're interested in networking and thinking want to work in networking field, start study CCNA now, then you can get practical experience when you're working...MCSE is another must for networking in Windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.