Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Netlist to Hypergraph

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have the resulting netlist of small design (either from Synopsys or Encounter, doesn't matter) and i want to create a hypergraph file of this netlist. Basically i want to put the hypergraph file as an input (.hgr file) to hmetis partitioning algorithm. Therefore my question is: Are these programms (Design compiler or Encounter) create an output file as hypergraph? If not, do you know any other programms converters that can do this?

Thank you for your time.

Regars,
Harry

Given that the tool hmetis is something from a research lab in Minnesota and they mention on their website that their tools are developed for "It is our general policy to make these tools available to the research community for use in their own research and/or non-commercial applications."

Based on that I would say it's less likely that that Synopsys or Candence has incorporated .hgr file output into their tools as the majority of users who purchase their tools would be considered commercial users and therefore would be prohibited from using the tool.

It's interesting to note there hasn't been any development work on hmetis since 1998. It appears the interest in the tool is with "Fill-reducing Matrix Ordering", which was updated in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back