Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Negative Resistance In Microwave RIng resonators

Status
Not open for further replies.

sshz44

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Iam Currently working on My MSc Thesis and i have to design a negative resitance circuit to be coupled in to a Microwave ring resonator , to compensate for the losses in the ring, i have tried a lot of things but i wasnt able to get desired results, any help in this regard would be really a favour to me, as i have to submit my thesis by the end of this month. the centre frequency is 6 Ghz, i have used Microstrip tarnsmission lines, all r ditributed elements.
Thanks

Well, I always just think of the resonator/active device as a pair of microwave black boxes with S parameters. If the reflection coefficient of the ring resonator is 0.6, for instance, I know that if I hook up an active device with a reflection coefficient of 1.7 and the right phase angle, it has a chance of oscillating. Set up your feedback on the active device to be 20% higher than that value, and it will probably start up in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back