Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEED URGENT HELP for DS89C430

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALIARIF93

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CAN I USE atmel 89s52 development board to burn code in DS89C430?as both MCU have same pin configuration and using ISP programmer used to burn code in ATMEL 89s52?

you should be able.
Just need to add in the file MCU DEFINITION , specific register addresses, for your new chip.
The other common register addresses must not alter, that all the 8051 MCU architecture are the same

thnx for comment
Im using KEIL uvision software in which DS89c430 header is present, in device select option
NOW by replacing 89s52 with DS89c430 MCU,will i be able to transfer .hex file in it with same steps as in 89s52,using ISP programmer?

I think you should be able to do normally, just remember that the data addr in the case of program memory in the standard model 8051 is 0x0000, ok?. And the models that you raise is the same, but you must inform the MCU that these to use the bank and not the external flash,
do not remember now if that model that is defective or there is a bit to be activated.

- - - Updated - - -

The reset default condition for all devices is to their maximum on-chip program memory size. When accessing
external program memory, that amount of external memory would be inaccessible. To select a smaller effective
program memory size, software must alter bits RMS2–RMS0. Altering these bits requires a timed-access
procedure, as explained later.
Care should be taken so that changing the ROMSIZE register does not corrupt program execution. For example,
assume that a DS89C430 is executing instructions from internal program memory near the 12kB boundary
(~3000h) and that the ROMSIZE register is currently configured for a 16kB internal program space. If software
reconfigures the ROMSIZE register to 4kB (0000h–0FFFh) in the current state, the device immediately jumps to
external program execution because program code from 4kB to 16kB (1000h–3FFFh) is no longer located on-chip.
This could result in code misalignment and execution of an invalid instruction. The recommended method is to
modify the ROMSIZE register from a location in memory that is internal (or external) both before and after the
operation. In the above example, the instruction that modifies the ROMSIZE register should be located below the
4kB (1000h) boundary or above the 16kB (3FFFh) boundary so that it is unaffected by the memory modification.
The same precaution should be applied if the internal program memory size is modified while executing from
external program memory.
For nonpage mode operations, off-chip memory is accessed using the multiplexed address/data bus on P0 and the
MSB address on P2. While serving as a memory bus, these pins are not I/O ports. This convention follows the
standard 8051 method of expanding on-chip memory. Off-chip program memory access also occurs if the EA pin is
a logic 0. EA overrides all ROMSIZE bit settings. The PSEN signal goes active (low) to serve as a chip enable or
output enable when ports 0 and 2 fetch from external program memory.
The RD and WR signals are used to control the external data memory device. Data memory is accessed by MOVX
instructions. The MOVX@Ri instruction uses the value in the designated working register to provide the LSB of the
address, while port 2 supplies the address MSB. The MOVX@DPTR instruction uses one of the two data pointers
to move data over the entire 64kB external data memory space. Software selects the data pointer used by writing
to the SEL bit (DPS.0).
The DS89C430 also provides a user option for high-speed external memory access by reconfiguring the external
memory interface into page mode operation.
Note: When using the original 8051 expanded bus structure, the throughput is reduced by 75% compared with that
of internal operations. This is because of the CPU being stalled for three out of four clocks, waiting for the data

The DS89C430 (from pdf)

CAN I USE atmel 89s52 development board to burn code in DS89C430?as both MCU have same pin configuration and using ISP programmer used to burn code in ATMEL 89s52?
Unfortunately you CAN'T.
The DS89C430 has two programming modes:
1. through ROM-loader (data goes through the serial port)
2. parallel programming mode (same as that used by commercial device programmers)
Both methods are 100% incompatible with Atmel's ISP.

:wink:
IanP

I do not pay attention to this! .... IanP is correct in emphasizing this. Sorry, just thinking of the memory spaces and the config of the MCU

Last edited:

THNX Sir,One more Humble request/....
Please tell me Parallel Programming method for DS89C430 and software as well for parallel method.
PLEASE GUIDE me step by steP.THNX
regards
ALI ARIF

Status
Not open for further replies.