Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need suggestion or idea for a new project

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamElectric

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am preparing to do a project for a senior project that has practical application but I am not sure what area of application yet.

I have background in both digital/FPGA and analog and also software. I am thinking of doing something embedded but I am not sure yet.

Could you suggest something that you've done at your work or something you've done before?

The project could be complex since I can work with others as a group project.

You guys can probably take up implementing a uart core or an IIC slave in an FPGA. This should be a moderate undertaking. It forms a integral part of many communicating devices and is a good exposure to protocols and implementation. you can also write down test benches to verify the same.

best wishes,

Maybe arm or DSP is good field to do somthing!
you can find lots of .
but i think you should make sure what is aim of you.

Hi,

I suggest you an USB scrolling display. This product should :
- have an USB connection
- display a message on a LED screen with scrolling effect
- be parametrized by a PC

We can imagine that the LED screen is big to be seen in the street for advertising, or that the screen is very small to put on your desktop, just for fun...

hi
maybe you could design a digital oscilloscope that interface with your computer.. try to search hobby and small project in this forum.. good luck

Hi Remy could u plz help me finding some resources based on

USB LED Scrolling Msg Display i mean schematics and pdf help files thanks

r_e_m_y said:
Hi,

I suggest you an USB scrolling display. This product should :
- have an USB connection
- display a message on a LED screen with scrolling effect
- be parametrized by a PC

We can imagine that the LED screen is big to be seen in the street for advertising, or that the screen is very small to put on your desktop, just for fun...

hii i am planning to do the above ,it looks very interesting for me , could u plz suggest how to form a large no.of leds as a display screen..!
and i understood a driver circuits needed to drive all leds,...will it be better if i move with AVR Atmega family controller..?...plz guide me.

prashu
(hardwork never fails)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back