Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need suggestion for BSIM3 modfiication/improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have posted the following in another forum, but there is no reply. So I post here again.

I am a student and right now work on a project related to high frequency substrate noise modeling. I have read bunch of papers. The authors commonly mentioned with one or two sentences that they improved BSIM3 model or their model by adding some stuff in them. But I don't know how to do it. I know that BSIM3 and even BSIM4 released for Spice. Since I am new in modeling, I need some instructions from some real experience. The following are my questions.

BSIM3:

We only have NMOS and PMOS foundry parameter cards based on BSIM3v3.22 and I use only Cadence Spectre simulator, not Spice. I know BSIM3 and BSIM4 released based on Spice.
If I work with Spice, I am supposed to add my own stuff, for example, a substarte network, in BSIM3 and compile and then modify part of Spice and compile and then use this new Spice to simulate the whole circuit (I have never done this before, I just figure out I should do it this way. If I am wrong, please correct me). This procedure is correct?

If I only work with Spectre, I don't know how to do it. Since Spectre is combined with Cadence tool. I found I couldn't touch. Am I right? If I am correct, then I have only one way to get netlist from Cadence and use modified Spice to simulate it?

BSIM4:

I would like to try to combine BSIM4 and Spice3f5 version before I start to work on substrate network. Has anyone work on BSIM4 and SPice3f5 so far?

Since I am poor in programming either, I really need some instructions for the whole procedure.
I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back