Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need specification for this stepper motor (working with RPi or Arduino)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sddhrthrt

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We picked up this stepper motor from scrap, and we need to use it to create a robot. But we are not able to work the stepper motor.

I have pictures of the stepper motor opened up:

I know that this is a 48-step motor, it has 5 leads coming out of it. I dont know how to operate the leads - I've tried almost every combination with a stepper motor driver ICL298, but I'm still not able to get it running. For your reference, Here's the label:

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, you've ruined the step motor by taking it apart. Manufacturers will tell you to NOT disassemble their motors because they will lose magnetization.

Well, you've ruined the step motor by taking it apart. Manufacturers will tell you to NOT disassemble their motors because they will lose magnetization.

It's no problem, I have an identical motor, I need to be sure to drive that.

It's no problem, I have an identical motor, I need to be sure to drive that.

You SAID you were unable to drive this motor. I explained why it probably doesn't work.

For 5-lead steppers, as far as I know they are all unipolar motors, with the two coils center tap common. That should be pretty easy to determine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back