Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need solution for wifi based hotspot of 1km radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihaider08

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Wifi Hotspot

Hello dear,
I wants a solution for wifi based hotspot of 1km radius, any one help me about the regarding with equipment specification , maximu users 50

Re: Wifi Hotspot

Hi

If Internet then,

I think to solve your problem you need to go your Local ISP to advice you on the device to use because their is a wide range of devices that will act as your access point which is to be installed in your hse then the other users will get connected thru you. On the No. of users this will entirely depend on the bandwidth that you will be given by the ISP, remember the more the users the more the bandwidth required thus increasing the cost.

If WAN/LAN then,

You can use a wireless router that can have its signal stretch up to 1km which might cost you and can handle as many users as possible. the router will act as an access point and the rest of the users will be able to connect to it. All the other users must have wireless interface cards.

Hope this will give you a rough idea on what you require to setup a wireless hotspot. You can let me know if you have any other question.Cheers

Kind Regard,

Fullforce

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.