Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need software and programmer for PIC 18F4550 I/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

wee_pl

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i have pic 18F4550 I/P and trying to burn a programme in the pic. The problem is i can't find any suitable programmer board and the software that i want to burn into the pic. So, any one can help me to solve this problem by telling me where to get the suitable software and the programmer board! Thank you!

Re: pic 18F4550 I/P

If you want to build your own Programmer:
Below is the PDF file for the schematics of parallel port flash programming of
Pic 16Fxxx and Pic18Fxxx devices(check the last page).

It is based on Bojan Dobaj and works with picallw.exe from www.picallw.com.

Note: After you burn a small bootloader code into your chip(using flash burner ), I suggest using a bootloader program which uses serial port to connect and download programs ito your board.

I programmed one using Microchip's ICD2.

I tried using a brand new PicStart Plus, but I never the PicStart to work at all and gave up.

Hi check this web in spanish

**broken link removed**

Re: 18f4550-i/p

wee_pl said:
hi, i have pic 18F4550 I/P and trying to burn a programme in the pic. The problem is i can't find any suitable programmer board and the software that i want to burn into the pic. So, any one can help me to solve this problem by telling me where to get the suitable software and the programmer board! Thank you!

Hay fnd i have found the weakness in multi-pic programmer for 18F4550

the 18th pin should be N/C. coz the 18th pin (Vusb) in 18F4550 produce the 3.3V reg for USB. when that pin is grounded it'll make trouble for all. so 18th pin must be make along.

hv a nice day!
2881uns.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back