Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need smps transformer specification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hiiii everyone,:grin:

I am designing the 5v 1a ouput adapter
please suggest me the smps transformer design
i am using 13001 transistor for switching and i don't know the operating frequency

Thank you

Hi,

you definitely need to know SMPS technique and switching frequency.
Against usual 50/60Hz transformers you can´t buy SMPS transformer, because they are mostely custom made.

But you could make your own.... If you have enough data.

Klaus

yeah what all data's might be required for designing the smps?

That's a pretty small supply in a pretty common output.. There should be fully off-the-shelf solutions for isolated supplies in that range. If you need custom, the next step would be to find a controller IC intended for that application. There is a good chance you can find an app note for a complete solution, perhaps including transformer part numbers if you take a look at some manufacturer's websites. TI would be a good one, intersil, linear and several others would be good too.

Even if you need to go totally custom you don't want to re-invent the wheel, app notes and datasheets are a fantastic source of information for something like this.

Hello.

How about a flyback smps with tny264, tl431 and pc817?

You have to go back 30 or 40 years in circuit design to find a suitable discrete transistor circuit. Not intended as an actual suggestion rather than illustrating possible techniques, see a design for a portable TV power supply from the "1976-77 Siemens Schaltbeispiele" (circuit examples).

Attachments

• discrete flyback.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 54

Status
Not open for further replies.