Status
Not open for further replies.

ella1923

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i'd like to ask some help on how to implement the attached timing diagram into logic gate circuit. thanks a lot.

Attachments

• timing diagram.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 118

Hi... The idea is very simple... We need to have a mod 5 counter...
As you can see the middle bit has a period of 5 times the system clock... It is high for two clock cycles and low for three clock cycles. This is 'Y'.
To get 'A', I have connected 'Y' and system clock to an AND gate.. When 'Y' is high...The output will be the same as system clock....(you get two cycles).
To get 'B', I have connected 'Ycomplement' and system clock to another AND gate.. The output is 'B'... The output is same as system clock when the Y is low(you get three clock cycles)... And voila...

It really depends on whether all those signals are outputs or some are inputs. Convention would make A and B the inputs while Y would be an output. If that is the case a simple SR flip-flop is all you need. A rising edge on input A makes Y go high and a rising edge on input B makes it go low.

Brian.

thanks all for the reply. what i exactly need is the one described by betwixt. Input A rising edge will make Y go high & input B rising edge will make Y go low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…