Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need information about large signal analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

seantan85

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
large signal analysis

Hi guys!

Can u guys tell me more? I know about small signal analysis well. But i dunno about large signal. Thank you!

Added after 1 hours 19 minutes:

Guys, my next question is when we apply large signal analysis, will the biasing for the mosfet be affected ? Does large signal analysis also affect dc analysis?

Large signal analysis

In large signal analysis your transistor has different mode and need to be considered.
you can google this

Re: Large signal analysis

seantan85 said:
Hi guys!

Can u guys tell me more? I know about small signal analysis well. But i dunno about large signal. Thank you!

Added after 1 hours 19 minutes:

Guys, my next question is when we apply large signal analysis, will the biasing for the mosfet be affected ? Does large signal analysis also affect dc analysis?

I am afraid both answers (see above) will not help too much.
Let me try it:
1.)For small signal analysis your circuit is assumed to be ideal and LINEAR ! Therefore, you can apply 1000 volts to the input of a transistor stage - and you get 50000 at the output (if the small signal gain is 50)
2.) For large signal analysis you have to call the TRANSIENT analysis. Now, all non-linear effects of the circuit (as far as they are modelled) are taken into account. As a result - you will see signal distortions and limiting effects due to the power supply rails.
------------
Was this your question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.