Terminator Electricity

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need a project idea for an Ethernet chip which has the following features :

I know how to use different protocols with the chip ,,, but i lack a good idea .. so any help from ur experience would be appreciated .

In general also ,, how is Ethernet used for advanced applications other than providing networking capabilities ??!!!

Thanks for ur help ,, and in return I am ready to present my progress and experience during the design

Thanks....

Features
- Support Hardwired TCP/IP Protocols : TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4 ARP, IGMP, PPPoE, Ethernet
- 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet PHY embedded
- Support Auto Negotiation (Full-duplex and half duplex)
- Support Auto MDI/MDIX
- Support ADSL connection (with support PPPoE Protocol with PAP/CHAP Authentication
mode)
- Supports 4 independent sockets simultaneously
- Not support IP Fragmentation
- Internal 16Kbytes Memory for Tx/Rx Buffers
- 0.18 μm CMOS technology
- 3.3V operation with 5V I/O signal tolerance
- Small 80 Pin LQFP Package
- Lead-Free Package
- Support Serial Peripheral Interface(SPI MODE 0, 3)
- Multi-function LED outputs (TX, RX, Full/Half duplex, Collision, Link, Speed)

hi,

I dont think you would need all protocols for any single application . Try using TCP & SMTP protocols which would enanble any embedded device to send some preiodic data Via E-mail. Choice of protocol depends on your interest.

CP220X from silabs is definetly worth trying . The stack(provided by silabs) is flexible to max. limit & compatible with silabs-8051 controller

thanks for the reply,, i am actually participating in the wiznet competition ,, and i atually going through a control project ,, but i intend to enter other protocols than UDP and tcp in the act.. How is that possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.