Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need ideas for embedded ethernet project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator Electricity

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need a project idea for an Ethernet chip which has the following features :

I know how to use different protocols with the chip ,,, but i lack a good idea .. so any help from ur experience would be appreciated .

In general also ,, how is Ethernet used for advanced applications other than providing networking capabilities ??!!!

Thanks for ur help ,, and in return I am ready to present my progress and experience during the design

Thanks....

Features
- Support Hardwired TCP/IP Protocols : TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4 ARP, IGMP, PPPoE, Ethernet
- 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet PHY embedded
- Support Auto Negotiation (Full-duplex and half duplex)
- Support Auto MDI/MDIX
- Support ADSL connection (with support PPPoE Protocol with PAP/CHAP Authentication
mode)
- Supports 4 independent sockets simultaneously
- Not support IP Fragmentation
- Internal 16Kbytes Memory for Tx/Rx Buffers
- 0.18 μm CMOS technology
- 3.3V operation with 5V I/O signal tolerance
- Small 80 Pin LQFP Package
- Lead-Free Package
- Support Serial Peripheral Interface(SPI MODE 0, 3)
- Multi-function LED outputs (TX, RX, Full/Half duplex, Collision, Link, Speed)

hi,

I dont think you would need all protocols for any single application . Try using TCP & SMTP protocols which would enanble any embedded device to send some preiodic data Via E-mail. Choice of protocol depends on your interest.

CP220X from silabs is definetly worth trying . The stack(provided by silabs) is flexible to max. limit & compatible with silabs-8051 controller

thanks for the reply,, i am actually participating in the wiznet competition ,, and i atually going through a control project ,, but i intend to enter other protocols than UDP and tcp in the act.. How is that possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.