Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need idea to calculate the number of out going notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakesh kumar jain

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i am working on a project which has many notes stacked in it and i want to calculate the number of notes that are dispatched from a box,
the difficulty is sometime more than one note is dispatched from the box ,
can any one suggest ideas to have a exact count of notes been dispatched from the box

Sorry, I do not know what you are talking about.

Musical notes? More than one note is a chord.
A box might be a speaker enclosure.

Audioguru, some countries call them 'notes', some 'bills', some 'greenbacks', they are all the same thing with different ink on them.

There are several ways to do it, breaking a light beam as the paper passes through it is probably easiest to implement but it can be done by 'flicking' the stack of paper and counting the sound pressure waves through a microphone as well. Depending on the number of 'notes' involved, it can also be done mechanically with a rotating screw that lifts each sheet in it's thread.

Some countries have 'notes' that contain flourescent inks, lighting them in UV light and counting reflections may be another way to do it. There are places where paper has been replaced by plastic and there are transparent windows in the design, these could be counted optically too.

Brian.

I was amazed at how fast the paper money counting device in the bank worked. New paper money in Canada is plastic now with some transparent windows.
My bank has a coins counting device. I rejects counterfeit coins and foreign ones. It even rejects some brand new good coins.

Dear Betwixt,
Thanks for your suggestion,
i have already worked on the breaking a light beam and counting the number of notes , but i encountered problems when more than one currency note passes through it , it still counts as a single note.
i will try the other alternatives you have given and come back to you , thank you

If all you are doing is counting then the easiest would be to use optical sensors. Also, the hardest to do is optical sensors. A simple break the beam approach will work if you can guarantee a single note will be passed at a given time. What happens if you have 2 (or more) notes stuck together? You'll want to check the the light level on the sensor. A single note will allow more light to pass through then multiple notes. What happens if you have 2 or more notes fed through in series? You'll also want to look at the time from note edge (beam blocked) to note edge (beam un-blocked). If it takes longer then calculated, you have a double or a jam. There's a lot to think about especially if you are handing out money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back