Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with programming AVR ATMEGA32

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed_mahmoud

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
it is my first time to program AVR, and i can't upload the hex file (which i used "AVR studio" to generate it) on the chip using "AVRprog". Although I have reviewed the connection between serial port and the chip pins multiple times, as stated in data sheet , each time i press build error appears "No supported board found!". In short, is there another way to send the hex file, for instance, by using hyper terminal?
Best regards

I made one which upload the program on the ATmega32 using serial port COM1; however, I can't send the file using the AVRprog because it can't recognize the board.

You said you AVRprog, the datasheet
http://www.atmel.com/atmel/acrobat/doc1021.pdf

says:
AvrProg can program all devices in the AT90S baseline series of microcontrollers.
As an additional feature it can also program several of Atmel’s AT89S series of microcontrollers.

I don't think you can program an ATMEGA32 with it.
You can try a simple solution like AVR Programmer

USBasp is a great programmer and it is the one I use but you need a programmer in order to make because you need to program the onboard mcu.

Alex

Hi,
I used AVRJTAG for details please visit
https://www.avrportal.com/?page=jtag
Regards,

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

This interface works well without any problems.

I really appreciate your replies. I would like to know if there is a circuit of one of those programmers I could implement instead of purchasing it, which is compatible with AVR studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.