Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with procedure to display time frequency distribution in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganym

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am using a matching wavelet algorithm for decomposing a signal in Matlab. I have already calculated the corresponding wavelets that add up to reconstruct the signal. To find its frequency content, I calculate the amplitude spectrum of each wavelet. Now, these wavelets have their peaks corresponding to a given instant of time (t0) . Hence, if we plot the amplitude spectrum against the corresponding t0 then in this way we can get the time frequency representation. However my doubt is that how do I spread this signal in time?

I am referring the following paper for my work. **broken link removed**
It says in this paper that to multiply the amplitude spectrum with the function G. Can someone please tell me how exactly to do this. Say I have a time X frequency matrix in which I store the values of amplitude spectrum corresponding to the different t0s. How do I proceed from here? I want to get the plot like fig 1 of this paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back