Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with ONKYO TX-8211

Status
Not open for further replies.

borna.barisic

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, i need help with my radio receiver (ONKYO TX-8211). When i turn on radio on radio signal (FM) my volume pot is less sensitive and i need to turn him almost to max so i can hear just a little sound, but when i listen my CD or gramophone, volume pot is working just fine (he is far more sensitive),i dont need to turn it to max. So my question is: can any one help with suggestions what can i do to fix it ? Beside buying a new radio receiver.
Thanks =D

Im apologizing for my English, im from Croatia =D

Did the FM at one time come through loud and clear? If so then it is possible that:

* Your antenna connection has gone bad (either externally or inside the unit). This is the first thing you should examine.

* or a component has changed value

* or an IC has changed an internal value

* or a solder joint has a fracture

* or a pc board trace has a fracture.

If you wish to take the risk, open the enclosure, and examine for a cracked trace or solder joint.

Examine the volume control. Most likely all audio signals go through it.
As a check regarding whether the radio volume really is soft, try connecting a jumper cable to the volume control (whichever pin carries the signal). Run the signal into an audio amplifier. This may let you track down the problem.

Trace back to the source selecting switch. Find the contact which carries the FM signal. Run that signal to an audio amplifier. This may let you track down the problem.

The Service Manual is on the web with schematic. If you know how to keep out of the high voltage section and poke around FM section then ask a better question. Maybe you can inject some noise or affect signal with finger on board.

Make sure FM mute is not due to low signal from missing antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.