Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with CST studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOS

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all I am new to CST Studio suite. I am trying to implement antenna design provided in the research paper, but I am unable to get the results as specified in the paper. I need to find out what are the mistakes I have done during the design. Please guide me for the same.
I am attaching the CST files for the figure (2) from the paper.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Design of a Reconfigurable Miniaturized Microstrip Antenna for Switchable Multiband Systems - ...pdf
    848 KB · Views: 111
  • CST files.rar
    184.4 KB · Views: 96

At first view I see that you are using FR4 substrate with permitivity 4.3 and loss tangent 0.025, when in the IEEE document they use permitivity 4.4 and loss tangent 0.018.
May not be a big difference, but your results are not very far from the paper results. On S11 plots you have a bit of frequency shift and less return loss. With one exception (b), you have always S11 better than -10dB.
Otherwise I am not a big fan using PIN diodes to switch antenna elements to get multi-band operation.

DOS

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.