Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with a 556 Dual timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FODRacing.com

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to electronics as this is my first project, what I am trying to figure out is from my input source what do I need to solder up to a 556 dual timer to create a 1 sec clock pluse then with that pulse I am going to run that into a 4017 decade counter.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, If someone could draw up a small diagrahm showing what goes to what pin would be great, also I know that I will need some resistors & capacitors but I have no clue as to what to buy and where it goes :?

Thanks for any info!
Robert
www.fodracing.com

well, timer circuits are not that hard, try reading the 555 datsasheet, it has more information than the dual timer, there u can find the formulas used to choose the components u need.

Here i give you the datasheet or u can download it from pretty much anywhere just look for LM555.

"Diagrams" are there too.

If u still need some help, feel free to write me a msg or mail.

Search in google for LM555 "datasheet" or "pdf"

Or get it from Jameco.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back