Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with 10/100 PHY termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdhar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
10/100 PHY Termination

I am confused about the different termination schemes used with the transmit/receive differential pair to RJ45 magnetics. I'm not sure if I should even use any termination since I will not be using controlled impedance. I have posted schematics, which has the PHY on the last page, along with the integrated RJ45/magnetics. Please offer any suggestions on termination (or anything else).

Re: 10/100 PHY Termination

From my experience, 10/100 PHY Layout, do not need to control impedance on pcb trace if your layout not too long compare to electrical length.

You need to confirm terminate resistance use in the circuit to match with the line for reduce reflection. The value in application note should be use first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back