Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help w/ dsPIC30F4011

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyquincy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
burn dspic

hi there,
I'm new to dsPIC.
I'm wondering what kind of program do we need to burn the chip?
is there any good book that teach about dsPIC?
tx

Hi,

any dsPIC is just as other PIC with DSP.
If you know how to use a PIC then you can start using the dsPIC right away. If you dont, then start with something simple, then move on to DSP.
Good luck.

so what kind of book or tutorial dat cover the PIC code??
tx
I really appreciated

Hi

The DSpic is to new to have book written on it ,But you can do the following:

1)search microchip site for user-manual,application-note of the dspic

2) search google for DSPIC or DSPIC + project to learn more

P.s: by searching google you can see how popular is the chip (how many index you get)

3) Switch to MSP430 it can do all most all the DSPIC can do, and it lower in cost.

All the best

Bobi

bobcat1 said:
3) Switch to MSP430 it can do all most all the DSPIC can do, and it lower in cost.
did you forgot to mention also '... but just 4x - 5x slower'? msp430 is just a low power consumption chip - it is completely worthless when talking about calculation, as it doesn't even have a h/w multiplier. 8 MIPS compared to 30 of dsPIC30 and 40 of dsPIC33 ? 40 basic instructions compared to over 80 in dsPICs? dsPICs win that race with no problem.

0x41 0x56 0x45!!

Status
Not open for further replies.