Need help to understand simulation results of rectifier circuit in Agilent ADS 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

hareshsingh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have simulated half wave rectifier ckt using ADS2009. i have following isssues regarding this.

1. i have made the proper matching ckt using smith chart utility for rectifier ckt i.e.my s11 is good enough but still why all power is not going into the ckt.
i know this depends on power level also ,but what is the criterion to do this.

2.whether i should to LSSP to understand this better i.e. SP is not the right thing to do here.

3. i have been looking into agilent application notes , but they never seem to discuss the efficiency of power transfer in such detector ckt.

4. generally what kind of eff.(%) (from input power to load power ) i am supposed to get from such half wave rectifier circuits.

I will really thankful for any kind of help in this regard. i am attaching the schematic , i can provide more detail if needed
regards
haresh

Attachments

• rectifier.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 235

I think you have a few issues.
1) The TL1 is acting as a matched load at the input of your circuit, and TL 2 and the Didoes ect is in parallel so
that will cause a mismatch.
2) Your third terminal of your Diode is not connected to anything, so it's a high impermanence open, and does not
matter if it's on or off.

And are you looking for the rectified DC output ? If so your efficiency will be dependent on the input RF Power level.
If it is not strong enough to bias the Diode you will not get DC out . You should look in to AC and DC simulations.

Cheers.

TL1 and TL2 combined together are providing the matching to diode,cap. and load R altogether. i.e. S11 parameter was obtained obtained at fix input power -20 dBm.My confusion is why S11 at 915 MHz(my operating freq) is -34db.and at the same time when i do HB simulation my power probes are not showing at least good power transfer. because TL1 and TL2 are ideal no loss in them, so power probe 1 and probe 3 should show good power transfer?are s11 date is misleading

You can see s11 i an sending the file.

regards

- - - Updated - - -

here is the project file

Attachments

• S11.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 173
  • newrectifier1_prj.rar
    58.5 KB · Views: 108

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…