Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to build electronic drum system circuit..help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lester

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
electronic drum circuit

i want to build an electronic drumming circuit for my project but just dont know how to start..

any useful suggestions? or even a site or circuits to refer to? Thanks..

build electronic drum

erm..instead of hitting the drum sets to make musics..we still can make music with the circuit..by hitting pads and connecting to circuit to MAke sound output..

like one circuit i found from this site..

https://www.circuitsarchive.org/index.php/MIDI_Drum

my problem is i dont really understand what to do and how the circuit works..can try explain to me?

what do i need to make electronica

lester said:
erm..instead of hitting the drum sets to make musics..we still can make music with the circuit..by hitting pads and connecting to circuit to MAke sound output..

like one circuit i found from this site..

https://www.circuitsarchive.org/index.php/MIDI_Drum

my problem is i dont really understand what to do and how the circuit works..can try explain to me?

Thats a pretty basic MIDI system. You should first read up on 'midi'. Essentially its just a way of sending messages to or from a device that contains information about what notes to play, and how loud/soft to play them. It is a form of 'control' informaiton, rather than audio, a bit like musical score, requiring something to intepret those messages and make the appropriate sound. PC's can do this very easily with software synthesisers, and soundfonts.

The circuit simply consists of a microcontroller, power supply (from mains) and some input resistors that are read form sensors mounted on pads.

The 'magic' is in the software for the microcontroller which requires programming, that is why you cannot see its function purely form the schematic. All it does is continually reads the inputs, and when one is triggered, it sends a few bytes out the midi port to indicate that a drum has been hit, and which drum that is.

The explaination of the circuit is pretty good, I'm surprised you didn't understand it. You'll need to learn a bit about microcontrollers (PIC's to be specific) in order to know exactly how it works.

Buriedcode.

drum sets cricuit

hey i made this i try 2 connect this to fruity loops but its not getting the midi data .why is that ...any clue on this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back