Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on the optimization of polyphase decimation filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shameem

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
symmetric polyphase decimator

hi,
i have implemented a polyphase decimation filter with sampling frequency 8.192 mhz and decimation factor 4 and no. of parallel stages 4. But this filter is taking too much processor cycles of my BF533 processor. Since my filter coefficients are symmetric, so I need to optimize it by using the symmetry property. But i have no idea how can i use the symmetry property in the computation.
Please help me.

polyphase decimator symmetry

Please give me some details on your current approach, I think I can help you a little bit.

1. Send me your filter coefficients.
2. Do you need strictly FIR filter for decimation? How about IIR filter (nonlinear phase of course)?

If you describe your problem, may be it is possible rewrite it in such a way, that computationally effective way will be possible

polyphase decimation fir

hi,
i have attached the filter coefficient file. i am using 52 tap lowpass fir filter with sampling frequency 8.192 mhz, decimation factor 4, passband 0.768 mhz, stopband 1.024 mhz.
I need a linear phase response decimation filter. I have made four sections in my code to implement polyphase decimation fir filter.
Is there any way to use the symmetry property of the filter coefficients to save the computation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back