Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on the design of dc-dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

leebluer

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

I am a newer to design power converters. Now I am learning something relating to fundamentals of power electronics. I think it is a boring process.

I only got some simple conception about the power converter. It seems that there are a big gap to practice. I don't know how to continue? Could you give me some advice, or recommand some materials to fast my design.

Thanks

Dear Lee,
First do you have concepyual understandig of how a DC-DC converter works.
I would suggest u start with a Buck design and intially concentrate to meet the specifications of Vout and Iout. Responce and all could be looked in later.
On eda board u have enough stuff for design of a DC-DC converter. Search fro them.
If u cannot download some, ping me i shall mail it across to you.
As for boring, we have our preferences.

Maybe you can try with app. like pwm control.
It's also a kind of dc-dc conv or dc chopper.

First you must know the base theory of DC-DC,and you can search application notes in the onsemi and national website.
Second you can study some PWM control circuits about DC-DC,so it will make you deep understanding with DC-DC.

Hi
I recommend SWITCHMODE POWER SUPPLY HANBOOK author Keith,where you will find in details all(almost) what you need . You can download it from edaboard
Regards Mohammad Mokhtar

mohammad mokhtar said:
Hi
I recommend SWITCHMODE POWER SUPPLY HANBOOK author Keith,where you will find in details all(almost) what you need . You can download it from edaboard
Regards Mohammad Mokhtar
Can you show me the link of this documentation? I can't find it.

It is link for Switchmode Power Supply Handbook 1stED

I would suggest reading of
Fundamentals of Power Electronics
by
Dr Robert W Erickson
Dr D Maksimovic

"switching power supply design" written by Arbarham I. Pressman is also a good book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back