Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on SPI to parallel converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manoj Mulajkar

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spi to parallel

Hello,
I need SPI to parallel converter in one of my application. As ADC has SPI output and I want to use FIFO to store data. But FIFO will not have SPI. Is there any IC which can be used for SPI to parallel converter.

Thanks

spi to parallel converter

look at the datasheet for 74HC164.

parallel to spi

Try MCP23S17 from Microchip. It is 16-bits IO expender. This chip using SPI bus and it's speed can run up to 10Mhz. You can use 8-bits for data bus and the rest for control bits. Good luck.

spi parallel

Manoj Mulajkar said:
As ADC has SPI output and I want to use FIFO to store data. But FIFO will not have SPI. Is there any IC which can be used for SPI to parallel converter.
Do you want this expander to be an SPI master or an SPI slave? Could you post a rough block diagram? Could you post the part numbers for the ADC and the FIFO?

Status
Not open for further replies.