Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on part type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambo55

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a part can any one tell what the parts is and where can I buy it I can not fine it on the web the part below

MOV RDN240/20 for a Inverter

Hi,
It is a MOV (Metal Oxide Varistor). It is used to protect the Over voltage of a circuit. In your case it is 240 Volts and 20 mm diameter. It may not me traceable by part number you can buy it from any component supplier as Varistor rating 240 Volts.
Good Luck.

for 220 volts u need nearly 300 volt MOV as it works with the peak of ac voltages or it will be short immediately and the fuse will be burned. for more details google selecting mov for requires voltages.

for 220 volts u need nearly 300 volt MOV as it works with the peak of ac voltages
MOV specifications usually refers to the max AC operating voltage (Vrms). A usual MOV rating for 230V AC mains is 275V, but 240V would work, if overvoltages aren't severe.

MOV specifications usually refers to the max AC operating voltage (Vrms). A usual MOV rating for 230V AC mains is 275V, but 240V would work, if overvoltages aren't severe.

Thank you so much FVM
My mistake
actually in my country the voltages vary from 180 to 250 volts so i have noticed that 300 volt mov is worked well to protect power supplies as the low value mov always burned with fuse in psu

Status
Not open for further replies.