Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help on Microcontroller study

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvermirror

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microcontroller study

I had three years experience on micro-controller 4 years ago.

At that time, we used assembly and 8bit micro-controller 8051, or 16 bit TI 430.

I haven't worked on that for 4 years. Looks like I am kind of far behind now.

How could I start?

I am so confused....

Search on this forum for an 8051 ebook. There are lots of them.

You can study it, and build small circuits. IF you already learned the basics, it will come back to you quickly once you get involved.

Good Luck

Thank you
I was a 8051 expert...I played it for 3 years.
My problem now is I don't know the situation now. looks like nobody uses assembly, even not c. they need c++
Also, I don't know how to catch up with it. I have left microcontroller for 4 years...

ctownsend said:
Search on this forum for an 8051 ebook. There are lots of them.

You can study it, and build small circuits. IF you already learned the basics, it will come back to you quickly once you get involved.

Good Luck

Start with C language if you have not use assembly from many years.

I am under similar condition. Am a 3rd year student on ECE.
I have just started 8051, and have attended a week workshop based on ATmega8.
I hope if you all having great experiences can help me:
please advice me how should i go on hardware part. my ultimate aim is to understand h/w and coding concepts as clear as it can get.
currently i am studying mazidi, which i guess is sufficient for 8051.. i would appreciate it very much if you can suggest how should i start hardware learning process.
I am ready to spend. So tell me which 8051 series uC i should start buy.How i should learn its working practically?
I will really appreciate it if some of you , with reference to your own experience, chalk out a rough roadmap for me to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back