Not open for further replies.

sv1437

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I have a circulator in my lab from "Advanced Microwave Labs" with the model number: AMF-2727.

But nothing is mentioned regarding the frequency range of operation or the power level it can handle.

I tried to search in google, but could not find. Could anyone of you help with this. Thanks,

-sv.

This is about 20 years old product, so even if somebody is telling you the frequency range would be indicated to measure yourself its characteristics using a Network Analyzer.
For power handling the dimensions can give you a rough idea, especially for old circulators. Nowadays small circulators can handle higher power, because they use better quality ferrites.

Reactions: sv1437

sv1437

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

Thank you vfone, it has N-type female ports. I can determine the frequency range using a Network Analyzer. But I think, determining the power handling capability is difficult.

Do you have any suggestions for that ?

-sv

No, I don't think is a non-destructive solution to find this. You can increase the power until the in-band insertion loss goes higher, but doing this you damage the internal ferrite.
Check on the net for similar products like the one below:
https://www.pasternack.com/Pdf/PE8410.pdf

Usually the max power of old circulators goes in steps as: 10W, 30W, 100W, 300W...and so on.

Reactions: sv1437

sv1437

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…