Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help in PCB Soldering Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Bhandari

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on Automatic Soldering Machine..For this i decided to use PROTEL AUTOTRAX as a CAD CAM Software which gives G codes for pads only.After that i decided to use MACH 3 to convert G code into pulses which is required to move Stepper Motor.The MACH3 send out the pulses to Stepper Motor vai Parallel Port.

Now i am not able to decide which controller should i use to interface between Parallel port and Stepper Motor.And also what shoud be the step size,voltage rating of stepper motor so that it van bear the load of soldering iron which is mounted as a pointer alomg Z-axis.

As you have drive through the printer port, a microcontroller is not essential unless otherwise demanded. You need to get a feel of torque requirements based on that you can select the size of motor. The step sizes have limited range and you can select on to meet your requirements of accuracy of positioning.

I am quite curious to know why you
are building a robot to do soldering.
Would you mind sharing?

Frankly speaking such high sounding topics like robot for soldering purpose should be avoided. Reason being, the throughput requirement is too much for an ordinary projects. Aproject supported by good team and huge funds should think to proceed for such projects as I understand.
Raoof

i think you need to find a more specialized message board such as:

Mr.Cool

hello, sir

for Mach3 configuration .... just send me your e-mail address in a private message, and we can set it online Inshaa' A L L A H.

best regards

سيدي الفاضل ... تحية طيبة ...

بخصوص إعداد برنامج ماك3 .. فقط أرسل لى عنوان بريدك الالكتروني فى رسالة خاصة و إن شاء الله نقوم بضبط البرنامج أونلاين ...

بالتوفيق

Added after 3 minutes:

for all, you can learn all about mach3 from by videos from here

https://www.machsupport.com/videos/

best of luck
www.sultan.org

سيدي الفاضل ... تحية طيبة ...

بخصوص إعداد برنامج ماك3 .. فقط أرسل لى عنوان بريدك الالكتروني فى رسالة خاصة و إن شاء الله نقوم بضبط البرنامج أونلاين ...

بالتوفيق

English is the only language allowed

Nandhu

Try following VEATechs and ask them at www.twitter.com/VEATechs

Maahi said:
I am working on Automatic Soldering Machine..For this i decided to use PROTEL AUTOTRAX as a CAD CAM Software which gives G codes for pads only.After that i decided to use MACH 3 to convert G code into pulses which is required to move Stepper Motor.The MACH3 send out the pulses to Stepper Motor vai Parallel Port.

Now i am not able to decide which controller should i use to interface between Parallel port and Stepper Motor.And also what shoud be the step size,voltage rating of stepper motor so that it van bear the load of soldering iron which is mounted as a pointer alomg Z-axis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back