Need help in Learning 16-bit and 32-bit micro-controller and a development board???

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpress_embedo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello!! everyone i am from india....

I am using PIC16F and PIC18F series from last 1.5 years and now want to move myself to a next level to learn 16-bit and 32-bit controllers.

The biggest problem i am facing is that i am not able to find a good development board for 16-bit and 32-bit in India at Reasonable Prices like i found for PIC18F and PIC16F??

So anyone can tell me a cheap 16-bit and 32-bit small quick start board available in india...
although i am having contacts with some companies that can give me board for ARM7 but i am not having any idea related to ARM7

So i want to know what to do??
I want to learn the 16-bit and 32-bit controller for my future growth but don't know where i can start with :-(

Can anyone provide me the link from where i can purchase quick start board for 16-bit and 32-bit pic micro-controller and also whether i have to move to ARM or stay on PIC..

hi,
try to build a simple development board with PIC18f4455 , it's fun :smile:
It uses usb to: program/comunicate/power supply. To put the board in boot loader mode you press reset and b1 for a few seconds, the alternating leds show this state.

Attachments

• placa de dezvoltare - v1.rar
    830.5 KB · Views: 110

Microchip's microstick dev kits are good and low cost if they are available
**broken link removed**

they have on board programmers and a header to plug into a breadboard

Hi,

First stop is Microchip Direct to see what they do - like the look of the Pic32 Starter Kit - three in that range to choose from.

https://www.microchipdirect.com/ProductDetails.aspx?Catalog=BuyMicrochip&Category=Starter%20Kits&mid=13&treeid=6

**broken link removed**

Seems Farnells /Element14 India have some of those Pic32 Starter kits in stock.

There are quiet a few Pic32 boards on Ebay, though most need a separate programmer, the Microchip Pic32 boards have an inbuilt programmer/debugger chip .

Alternatively assuming you have a good pic18F dev board and programmer, there are several dip Pic32 chips that may just plug in or need a simple header board. ( you need to check what pic 16/32 devices your programmer will do, unless its a Pk3/ICD3 )

hi,
It uses usb to: program/comunicate/power supply. To put the board in boot loader mode you press reset and b1 for a few seconds, the alternating leds show this state.

Thanks for your reply....
I am having PIC18F4550 board, and i had used usb cdc and hid class successfully...

Used boot-loader to0, so i think i am having a good knowledge of 8-bit series... thats why want to 16-bit series..

- - - Updated - - -

hi,

Thanks for your reply....
I am having PIC18F4550 board, and i had used usb cdc and hid class successfully...

Used boot-loader to0, so i think i am having a good knowledge of 8-bit series... thats why want to 16-bit series..

- - - Updated - - -

Microchip's microstick dev kits are good and low cost if they are available
**broken link removed**

they have on board programmers and a header to plug into a breadboard

Thanks for your reply...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your help...
I will search on Element14 India (Cost are too high that's why i never prefer them).

Anyways i have to do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.