Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help - Impedance Tuning in Power Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFJunkie

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

Can anyone help me on the tuning of the PA circuit?I have difficulties on tuning the circuit because of little knowledge in RF.This is my mini project in my class. I try numerous attempt to get the individual value of the resistor,capacitor and inductor but seems cannot get my gain. Please help me with the value and teach me how to do them :cry:

Thanks,
newbie,
Kazu

PA.jpg

RFJunkie, A FET cascode is not terribly difficult but is much more than just a "mini project". It looks like this came from a web site or text book.

RFJunkie, A FET cascode is not terribly difficult but is much more than just a "mini project". It looks like this came from a web site or text book.

yes it was a circuit i googled, now my task is going to make this circuit work. i also google through the matching network literature but seems difficult for me to understand...if someone would simplify the steps for me....

yes it was a circuit i googled, now my task is going to make this circuit work. i also google through the matching network literature but seems difficult for me to understand...if someone would simplify the steps for me....

Starting on page 5, does this shed any light on making circuit calculations?

http://bene2153.mazran.com/downloads/Cascode amplifier.pdf

Jim

Also, this would be an unusual circuit for a "PA" stage ... can you give us an idea of you goal (freq range or band, output power level needed, required gain}?

Starting on page 5, does this shed any light on making circuit calculations?

http://bene2153.mazran.com/downloads/Cascode amplifier.pdf

Jim

Also, this would be an unusual circuit for a "PA" stage ... can you give us an idea of you goal (freq range or band, output power level needed, required gain}?

Hi Jim,

my goal is to achieve better linearity for output with transistor M0(M1 & M0 is nmos, M2 is pmos) as diode linearizer, freq output should be 2.4GHz(or 2.0-3.0GHz),output power 20dBm,required gain > 1 should do.

thanks for the link too.

Hi Jim,

my goal is to achieve better linearity for output with transistor M0(M1 & M0 is nmos, M2 is pmos) as diode linearizer, freq output should be 2.4GHz(or 2.0-3.0GHz),output power 20dBm,required gain > 1 should do.

thanks for the link too.

Why you have chosen this relatively complicated amplifier for your goal?This amplifier looks like cascode but it is not exactly a cascode.It looks like common source then common base and I think it's quite tricky.I recommend you to choose a linear A-class common source then make it a real cascode by connecting common base in series ( not like here cascaded ) after that optimize it than you can implement linearizer.
This amplifier is pretty tricky for a beginner..

Why you have chosen this relatively complicated amplifier for your goal?This amplifier looks like cascode but it is not exactly a cascode.It looks like common source then common base and I think it's quite tricky.I recommend you to choose a linear A-class common source then make it a real cascode by connecting common base in series ( not like here cascaded ) after that optimize it than you can implement linearizer.
This amplifier is pretty tricky for a beginner..

Hi Bigboss,

Yes i agree that this circuit complicated for a beginner,but somehow i need to stick with it. i need the circuit to be functioning when doing the simulation with mentorgraphic design software.

pls help me....:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back